The 23-acre site is now home to 7 gasholders built in the 1870’s, at a time when East London was being actively industrialized. The plant supplied gas to homes in London but became redundant after the switch to North Sea Gas. The remaining gasholders were used to store gas until 2010, when they were decommissioned.
Originally there were 8 gasholders on the territory, but one was destroyed as a result of the bombing of the British capital during WW2. Later, a pond was formed in its place, which the company wants to preserve and improve.